The Golescu boyars were supporters of the education in Romanian language, themselves good writers and promoters of the modernity in the Romanian culture. They set up a school in the rooms near the manor for the village children who wanted to learn. The school functioned discontinuous in the first half of the nineteenth century: in the time of the ban Radu Golescu, and since 1826 it was reopened by Dinicu Golescu to an unidentified year, that the lack of information does not allow us to specify. In the buildings on the right side of the watchtower were set up the classrooms and bedrooms. In the manor’s garden children were taught to care for the plants and here was also the playground. Two great personalities of the Romanian education taught here: Ion Heliade Rădulescu and Aaron Florian. The disciplines studied in this school were: reading, writing, grammar, arithmetic, history of Romanians and others famous countries, the geography of Wallachia, but also the geography of Europe and other continents, the mythology, poetics, religion, logic, philosophy, metaphysics, morals, algebra and geometry, drama, music. In addition, girls were taught to knit, to stitch and other such things needed to run a household. The sandbox, the slate tablets, the benches and the desks, the textbooks and the old books, the bell that called the children to the class, are displayed in the Golesti Museum and led the visitors in time, in the year 1826, in one of the first modern schools in Wallachia.